Thursday, February 24, 2005

Asian workers file plaint - Khaleej Times

QUOTE. Speaking to Khaleej Times, Biswadap Sedai, who has been working as a security guard with the company for the last nine months, said: "I have not received my salary, including Dh100 food allowance for the past three months. We survive on only one meal per day and sometimes we manage with just a cup of tea and a piece of bread. Even though we work for 12 hours a day without any holidays, we don't get overtime benefits. The manager of the company visited our camp in Mirrur area and promised we would get our salary by February 17. However, we got nothing."

Another labourer, Irfan Quraishi said: "We got our last salary on November 28. My contract ends early 2007, but I can't carry on working under such miserable conditions. I don't mind continuing work but conditions must change and we should get our dues. There is no medical attention either. I paid around Dh10.000 back home to be recruited in this company."
UNQUOTE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home